Patent Landscape report is a more comprehensive analysis of the State of the Art search to determine prospects for viable future research and business development areas. The objective of a Landscape Search is to enable strategic decision-making.
A landscape report includes worldwide analysis of patent and non-patent literature published in a specific time period requested by the client. The report includes an in-depth analysis of the portfolios of key players in the technology field to assist clients in avoiding infringement upon current patents and provide assistance in possible licensing opportunities. The report discloses active key players, main geographies, patenting trends and possible future developments relating to a specific technology. The report graphically represents the present trends of any given technology area. Landscape report is an effective tool for conducting gap or white space analysis. A white space analysis report assists clients in prioritizing their research programs and directing investments to paths less trodden by the key players in a given field, which have potential market value in order to build IP profile accordingly.
Tools and Databases Used:
Our search team is equipped with the industry’s best Paid/Non-paid databases for Patent searching, our search capability includes searching patent literature from 100+ jurisdictions using Paid databases such as: Thomson Innovation, STN, Google patents, PatBase, Espacenet, Questel Orbit, USPTO, and as well as many other national patent databases. The team also has access to numerous non-patent literature databases like IP.com, IEEE Xplore, Google Scholar, CiteSeer, ScienceDirect, Wiley’s Library, ACM Library, PubMed, etc.
We use both private and public databases to carry out a thorough patent and non-patent literature search. Each patentability report includes a novelty assessment with respect to non-obviousness along with the novelty of the invention.
ExpertLancing team performs an exhaustive prior art search using the subscribed databases and captures critical references/elements that are relevant to the landscape.
Our search methodology is comprehensive and covers varied strategies including:
- Keywords based searching,
- Patent classification based searching, such as, CPC, IPC, USC based searching,
- Assignee and inventors based searching,
- Citation search/spider searching and
- Semantic search
ExpertLancing’s Landscape search includes:-
- Categorisation of the list of technology patents and non-patent scientific literatures based on technology hierarchy
- Identification of innovation focus of companies, industries and countries
- Identification of Technology Whitespaces
- Identification of patents related to competitors’ technology
- Identification of technology leaders and their IP strategies
- Identification of technological positioning of companies and their chronological changes
- Identification of IP activity in the domain over the years
- Providing Market Intelligence about the technology under study
Looking for help with Technology Intelligence, IP Strategy, or Litigation Support?