Proofreading is an important step in identifying errors in the patent document that can affect its enforceability. Expertlancing assists clients in identifying errors and omissions in the patent specifications that could weaken the patent claims. Our effective proofreading methodology ensures that all grammatical errors, typographical errors, and legal errors are eliminated. We perform detailed analysis of a patent’s prosecution history to identify any PTO or applicant error. Our team runs thorough manual as well as automated checks simultaneously to ensure that a patent is free of any errors.
Our team performs a detailed analysis of the prosecution history of the patent document to locate errors that are made either by the applicant or patent office. We can identify discrepancies in patents, such as:
- Missing antecedent references,
- Incorrect status indicators,
- Inconsistent numbering of claims or Claim dependencies,
- Repetition of Textual Matter
- Incorrect names of inventors, attorneys or assignees,
- Spelling mistakes, or
- Any preliminary amendments during the prosecution stage.
- A report that identifies all of the mistakes identified during the proofreading process
- Marked PDF copy of the Granted patent
- Ready to file Certificate of Correction (CoC) if so requested