State of the Art Search
- A State of the Art search is used to comprehend the status of a particular technological field. The search uses both patents and published patent applications, as well as, non-patent literature in the particular technological field around the world. The main objective of a State of the Art search is to:
- Provide up-to-date information about progress in a specific technical field.
- Identifying new areas for investment and research and development.
- Identify potential mergers and acquisitions.
- Identify new technological trends.
- Identify potential competitors.
- State of the art searches provides technology insights in a particular field that can act as a basis for making strategic IP and business decisions. When a company is considering entry into a particular technology area or launching a new product, a State of the Art search can be used to measure the strength and threats in the technology area.